We are seeking a full-time Research Assistant to join the von Karman Institute in the Department of Turbo machinery and Propulsion. The position is initially fixed-term for one or two years, that can be turned into a permanent position.
About the position:
- As part of a team investigating advanced technologies for future aero-engine turbo machinery, you will support the experimental research programs of the Turbo machinery and Propulsion Laboratory at the von Karman Institute.
- The research assistant will be responsible for the design, execution and management of measurement campaigns investigating the aerodynamics of state-of-art and forthcoming compressor technology
- You will have a PhD in Mechanical, Aeronautical/Aerospace or related engineering field.
- Experience is required in the field of experimental fluid dynamics.
- The successful applicant is familiar with experimental techniques for testing of turbo machinery.
- The job requires multitasking skills and predisposition towards teamwork while liaising closely with faculty, student and staff members.
How to apply:
- You will be required to upload a covering letter, CV, publication list and the contact of two referees as part of your application.
- Further information on the position and informal enquiries may be addressed to Prof. Fabrizio Fontaneto (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Dr. Bayindir H. Saracoglu (Research Manager) email@example.com.
|Organization||The von Karman Institute for Fluid Dynamics (VKI)|
|Type of position||postdoctoral|
|Subject areas||Mechanical, Aeronautical/Aerospace , engineering|