The School of Engineering at the University of British Columbia (UBC) invites applications for a Postdoctoral Fellow (PDF) position supervised by Dr. Jian Liu. The position will be involved in the development of supercapacitor technology in close collaboration with a Canadian clean-tech company over the next three years.
- Applicant must have completed a relevant PhD in Materials Science, Electrochemistry, or Chemistry within the last 5 years.
- Applicant must be highly motivated, organized, a good communicator (written and verbal), and passionate about research.
- Thrive in a team environment and mentoring/team-building role and have a strong desire to conduct transformational research in close collaboration with the industry.
- Previous research experience in supercapacitor technology.
- Applicant must have expertise in Technical aptitude in a laboratory environment, including electrode materials synthesis, electrode fabrication, supercapacitor assembly, electrochemical testing and characterization techniques, experimental setup, and operation.
- Carbon/metal oxide electrode materials and electrolytes for supercapacitors.
- Develop new electrode materials, electrolytes, and electrolyte additives to improve the overall performance (capacitance, energy density, and low/high temperature properties) of supercapacitors.
- Refine manufacturing aspects of the electrode and supercapacitors.
- Deliver clear and concise written and oral presentation of data, analysis, and internal/external reports. Prepare manuscripts for publications and present their work at national/international conferences.
- Communicate with the industrial partner to update progress, receive guidance on new assignments, make preliminary selections on technical alternatives, and independently complete recurring assignments.
- Mentor junior students in both technical and safety matters.
- This full-time PDF position has an initial 1-year appointment (as per UBC policy for PDFs), with the potential for annual renewal/promotion for up to 5 years.
Send application via email to Dr. Jian Liu at firstname.lastname@example.org including CV, cover letter, and contact information of 3 references.
|Organization||University of British Columbia (UBC)|
|Subject areas||Materials Science, Electrochemistry, Chemistry|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|