The Wilhelmsson research group, as part of FoRmulaEx, Chalmers University of Technology invites applications for a Postdoctoral position in the field of biophysical chemistry with an emphasis on advanced UV/Vis spectroscopy and its interface with fluorescence microscopy.
About the position:
- The Postdoc will be working in a subproject of the FoRmulaEx consortium dealing with the development of 1) nucleic acid fluorescence labels/probes and 2) novel methodologies based on these labels/probes.
- The main research objectives for the Postdoc will be to characterize novel biomimetic fluorophores for nucleic acids as well as utilize them in studying mechanisms of drug delivery of RNA-based therapeutics.
- This is a 2-year position with a possible extension, but where the contract has to be renewed yearly.
- Applicant must have a doctoral degree in biophysical chemistry or biochemistry or an equivalent education.
- Applicant must have to be well-versed in advanced applications of UV/Vis spectroscopy and fluorescence such as TCSPC.
Apply online (marked with Ref 20210151) and written in English:
- CV include complete list of publications
- Previous teaching and pedagogical experiences
- Two references that we can contact.
- Personal letter (1-3 pages)
- Attested copies of completed education, grades and other certificates.
|Organization||Chalmers University of Technology|
|Subject areas||Biophysical Chemistry, Biochemistry|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||31 May, 2021|