The Technical University of Denmark (DTU), Department of Health Technology, Section of Experimental and Translational Immunology is inviting application for a Postdoctoral position in Immunology starting May 1 2021.
About the Research:
- The project is titled: The developmental requirements of a new intestinal T cell population.
- The project aims to determine some of the key mechanisms that regulate the development of intestinal γδT17 cells. In this regard, following experiments have been designed that will answer: 1) whether intestinal γδT17 cells derive from the thymus or are generated de novo in the gut, 2) whether they strictly require a neonatal microenvironment to develop, 3) when does their progenitor enter the gut, 4) whether the T cell receptor is important for their development and maintenance.
- The project will be carried out in the group of Dr. Vasileios Bekiaris.
- Candidates should hold a PhD in Immunology or relevant discipline.
- The successful candidate must have demonstrable evidence in:
- multi-parametric flow cytometry
- mouse experimentation (FELASA B training or country equivalent is necessary)
- isolation of lymphocytes from primary mouse intestine and/or experience with lymphocyte isolation from embryonic and neonatal mouse tissues
- basic biochemistry and molecular biology
- Basic skills in R would be a great advantage.
- The successful candidate will be able to perform daily experiments with little supervision, contribute to other research activities in the group, participate actively in meetings and seminars and supervise MSc students.
Apply online and the file must include:
- A cover letter (max 500 words)
- Curriculum vitae (max 2 pages): degrees with dates and place must be clearly stated; only relevant previous work experience must be stated; you should state the contact information of at least two academic referees, one of which must be the PhD supervisor.
- A one-page summary of your PhD thesis
- Publications list (include pre-prints and manuscripts currently under review)
|Organization||Technical University of Denmark (DTU)|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||15 March 2021|