The Water, Energy and Environmental Engineering Research Unit at University of Oulu is inviting applications for a postdoctoral position in research areas that covers a broad area of expertise including hydrology and environmental studies.
About the position:
- The Water, Energy and Environmental Engineering Research Unit (WE3), is opening a 2-year position for a Postdoctoral researcher for research on northern ecohydrology – linking catchment connectivity to high resolution measurements.
- Candidate must be talented and motivated Postdoctoral scientist dedicated to combining field research and multi-scale data analysis of the water cycle.
- The selected applicant will work on research tasks in a project funded by ArcI – Arctic Interactions and Global Change profile area of the University of Oulu.
- Work is led by assistant professor Hannu Marttila as part of his Northern Hydrology research group.
- Applicant must hold PhD in Hydrology, Environmental Engineering, Soil Science, Ecology, Geography or a related field of environmental sciences
- Broad understanding of hydrological processes and biogeochemical processes is advantageous
- Strong and demonstrated data analysis and numerical skills, and knowledge from programming languages such as R, Python, Matlab, etc.
- Strong English language skills both in oral and written communication
- Ability to work both independently and with different research groups and teams
- Good track-record of scientific publishing in top journals of the research field
How to apply:
Applications should be submitted online and upload following documents must be attached to the application:
- Cover letter (1 – 2 pages) describing the applicant’s experience and suitability for the position
- CV incl. list of publications
- A copy of the applicant’s doctoral and master of science degree diplomas, or, if not available at the time of application, a statement from the applicant and their supervisor(s) regarding the expected completion date.
- Contact information of two senior/experienced researchers who may be asked to give a statement on the candidate.
- The duration of the position is 2 years, beginning on 1st of June 2020 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
- A six-month trial period will be effective in the beginning of a contract.
|Organization||University of Oulu|
|Subject areas||Environmental Sciences, Hydrology, Environmental Engineering, Soil Science, Ecology, Geography|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||March 31st, 2020|