The Department of Microtechnology and Nanoscience at Chalmers University of Technology has a vacant position for a highly motivated postdoctoral researcher to be part of our experimental research on the characterization of topological quantum materials. This position part of a collaboration project between the Bloch beamline of the MAX-IV synchrotron facility in Lund, and the Quantum Device Physics laboratory. The aim of this project is to develop in-situ transport and photoemission spectroscopy characterization tools, eventually integrating with quantum device research at Chalmers.
- The purpose of this research project is to work towards an ultra-high vacuum measurement technique sensitive to spin-polarized charge transport, initially centered around an STM coupled to the Bloch beamline.
- The candidate will assist with development and commissioning of the ARPES and spin-ARPES end stations.
- There will be considerable freedom and opportunities to join independent research projects based on these techniques.
- The post-doctoral researcher position is an appointment that offers an opportunity to qualify for further research positions within academia or industry, with the majority of your working time devoted to your own research.
Duration: Full-time temporary employment. The position is limited to a maximum of two years (1+1).
- Applicant must hold a PhD degree in Physics, Nanotechnology or Electrical Engineering, with excellent experimental skills and a publication record demonstrating your ability to conduct creative and independent research.
- Experience with ARPES and STM are essential.
- Experience with any of the following would be valuable additions: topological quantum materials, spin-polarized STM, scanning tunneling potentiometry, cleanroom device processing, magneto transport characterization techniques and computer programming.
- Candidates with good team spirit, who would like to work in an internationally oriented environment. Fluency in English is a requirement.
Apply online and the application should be marked with Ref 20200292 and written in English. The application should be sent electronically and be attached as pdf-files, as below:
- Application including CV, including list of publications, two reference persons who can be contacted by Chalmers (describe association with them and give their contact addresses), Copies of education certificates, including grade reports and other documents.
- A letter of application detailing your specific qualifications for the position, (maximum one A4 page)
- Research description: (Maximum 2 pages) describing accomplished research and ideas for future research
|Organization||Chalmers University of Technology|
|Subject areas||Physics, Nanotechnology, Electrical Engineering|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||30 June 2020|