The EMAT research group, Faculty of Science at University of Antwerp is seeking to qualified candidates for a Postdoctoral position in the area of “3D Structure Characterization of Nanomaterials under Realistic Conditions” under the supervision of Prof Sara Bals.
About the position:
- The position is situated in an H2020 ERC Consolidator grant 3D Structure of Nanomaterials under Realistic Conditions (REALNANO).
- The overarching goal of REALNANO is to establish the structure-property connection of nanomaterials under realistic conditions.
- Tracking 3D changes of nanomaterials and their surface ligands in a thermal and gaseous environment is therefore required.
- A successful candidate will work on the development of novel alignment and 3D reconstruction algorithms for in-situ electron tomography.
- Applicant must hold a PhD degree with a background in Physics, Computing Science, Mathematics or Tomography.
- Applicant must be enthusiastic and greatly interested in the field of electron microscopy data.
- Applicant must be highly motivated, quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
Duration: initially for 1 year; renewable depending on performance
How to apply:
Apply online with the following:
- Motivation letter
- Summary of Master thesis
- List and grades of the courses that candidate took during the studies
- Names of 2 professional referees
|Organization||University of Antwerp|
|Subject areas||Physics, Computing Science, Mathematics, Tomography|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||August 4, 2019|