This funded position with the University of British Columbia, at the BC Cancer Research Centre has open Postdoctoral Research Fellow position in Bioinformatics and allows the candidate to flourish under the guidance of an experienced mentor.
About the position:
- The candidate would work within a dynamic and vibrant lab with a proven track record of outstanding achievements and contributions in breast oncology research.
- This position allows the candidate to contribute bold and innovative research that can be translated to new understanding in the evolutionary processes that drive cancers.
- This position’s primary focus in the lab will be to lead and to participate in projects based on candidate’s desire concentrated on investigating genetics of breast oncology, cancer evolutionary, and development of novel therapeutics.
- The position will provide a unique opportunity for mentoring trainees, supervising analysts and interacting with industry. This is an excellent platform to receive outstanding training to gain the important skills for a successful medical research career in academia or industry.
- The Postdoctoral Fellow will play a leadership role in the Aparicio lab, and will be reporting directly to Dr. Samuel Aparicio who is the primary investigator of the laboratory.
- Applicant must hold PhD degree in the Computer Science, Bioinformatics or equivalent.
- At least 4 years’ experience in bioinformatics research and in genomics and next-generation sequencing.
- Extensive knowledge of cellular and molecular biology, biochemistry and genetics and experience with cancer research a plus.
- Proven ability to multi-task in a deadline oriented environment with minimal supervision and effective oral and written communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
How to Apply:
Application in including documents to be sent to email@example.com and put “PDF Bioinformatics, Aparicio lab” and family name in the subject line:
- Cover letter outlining research interests and fit with the laboratory’s research,
- Curriculum Vitae
- The names of three referees willing to provide letters of reference.
|Organization||University of British Columbia (UBC)|
|Subject areas||Computer Science, Bioinformatics|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||30 November 2020|