Quantum Dots for Photonic Quantum Information Technologies (QUDOT-TECH) is a Marie Curie Innovative Training Network involving 11 full partners (Beneficiaries) and 12 associated partners (Partner Organisations) from 8 different European countries. The aim is at forming the new generation of scientists within quantum-dot based quantum technologies.
About the project:
- Quantum physics has had a revolutionary impact on industry and society in the past century, giving birth to the semiconductor industry and the resulting first generation of quantum devices (computers, TVs, smartphones etc.).
- The QUDOT-TECH ESRs will fill in a much needed link between academia and industry and will make the new technology widely available through one or more spin-out companies – ultimately propelling Europe to leadership at the global scale.
- Candidates must be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and not yet have been awarded a PhD degree.
- Due to the mobility requirement of the European Commission for ITN projects, only PhD candidates that have not been working/living in the country of the host for more than a total of 12 months within the 3 years prior to employment start are accepted.
- Candidates should have a master’s degree in physics or electrical engineering or a similar degree with an academic level equivalent to the master’s degree in engineering.
ESR1 Quantum light generation and manipulation
ESR2 An ultrabright source of indistinguishable, polarization-entangled photon pairs
ESR3 Deterministic fabrication of QDs in waveguides for integrated quantum optics
ESR4: To be announced.
ESR5: Announcement closed.
ESR6 Quantum Dot Photonics On-Chip
ESR7 Commercial turnkey fibre-coupled single-photon source
ESR8 Theory of spin photon interfaces
ESR9 A spin-photon interface for quantum entanglement and quantum logic operations
ESR10 Spin-photon interfaces
ESR11: To be announced
ESR12 Low noise charge-tuneable quantum dot cavity heterostructures
ESR13: To be announced
ESR14 Quantum Dot Phononics
ESR15 Optomechanics with Quantum Emitters
|Organization||Technical University of Denmark|
|Subject areas||Physics, Electrical Engineering|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|