Postdoctoral positions are available in Professor Daniela Bezuidenhout grop in the Inorganic Chemistry Laboratory, Environmental and Chemical Engineering unit at the University of Oulu. Our research focuses on the development of carbenes and carbene metal complexes, for
- new template chemical reactivity mediated by transition metal complexes,
- the activation of inert covalent bonds found in small molecules, and
- the application of these fundamental reactions in the catalytic synthesis of organic molecules of relevance. The aim is to exploit the potential cooperativity possible for carbenes in functions that extend beyond ancillary spectator roles. We offer a research environment with excellent technological facilities, training possibilities and opportunities for career development.
To succeed in the position the candidate is required to hold a PhD in chemistry with a specialization in organic/coordination chemistry, broadly defined. The applicant is expected to be highly motivated, and to have experience in inert synthesis and the characterisation techniques employed in organometallic chemistry. Applicants will further benefit from experience in small molecule activation, homogeneous catalysis and/or electrochemistry.
Salary and work benefits
- The salary will be based on the levels 5 – 6 of the demand level chart for teaching and research staff of Finnish universities.
- In addition, a salary component based on personal work performance will be paid (maximum of 50 % of the job-specific component). In practice, this equates to 3400–4500 € per month (before taxes), depending on the appointee’s personal work performance and progress. T
- He employment includes occupational health care and benefits of a Nordic welfare state, such as access to high-quality public affordable childcare services.
- Applications and further information
Apply online by deadline Friday, 15 January 2020, 23:59 (Finnish local time). Please include the following attachments in your application:
- Brief curriculum vitae in English (including list of publications)
- Scanned copies of degree certificates (BSc, MSc, PhD)
- Extract of the study record(s)
- Brief description of research interests, experience and motivation, in English
- Your availability (starting time)
- Contact information of two persons whom may be asked to give a statement of the candidate
- The potential candidates for the positions may be called for an interview.
- Further details are available from Prof. Daniela Bezuidenhout, Laboratory of Inorganic Chemistry, ECE Research Unit, University of Oulu, tel. +358 50 571 4155, email: daniela.bezuidenhout(at)oulu.fi
|Title||Postdoctoral researcher, Synthetic Organometallic Chemistry|
|Employer||University of Oulu|
|Job location||Pentti Kaiteran katu 1, 90570 Oulu|
|Published||December 12, 2019|
|Application deadline||January 15, 2020|
|Fields||Materials Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Synthetic Chemistry|