Walraven Master Scholarships: Leiden University: Walraven Master Scholarships: Leiden University
The Leiden University is delighted to offer Walraven Master Scholarships for international students.
The scholarships are aimed at students who have a bachelor’s degree in astronomy or physics and wish to obtain their master’s (MSc) degree in Astronomy and Instrumentation.
Leiden Observatory is the oldest university having the astronomy department in the world with a distinguished history.
Scholarship Duration: one year with conditional renewal for a second year upon successful completion of the first year
Nationality: International (Non-Dutch) applicants can apply
Level of study: Master degree
Study Subject: Astronomy and Instrumentation
- For a full scholarship, the tuition fee for the Astronomy Research master’s program will be reduced to the amount of the home fee.
- The applicant will receive an allowance of up to €11,000 per year for living costs.
- Partial scholarships may also be awarded
- The Walraven scholarship would be paid as a monthly allowance.
- If the applicant stops the Astronomy master’s studies for whatever reason, the Walraven scholarship payments will be stopped directly.
Scholarship location: Netherlands
- The applicant must be of non-Dutch nationality
- The applicant must have a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in astronomy or physics
- The applicant must have a good academic record
- The applicant must have no other financial support (e.g. scholarships, grants) for his/her master’s study
- Applicants must have good command over English.
How to Apply: Online
- A brief statement motivating as well as explaining why the candidate satisfies the two conditions of
- a) Outstanding academic merit and
- b) Need for financial support.
- The applicant must provide his/her full contact details
Application Deadline: 1st of February (for students planning to start in September)
|Fellowship Level||Masters degree program|
|Subject Areas||Astronomy and Instrumentation|
|Fellowship Amount||Illustrated above|
|Eligibility||Open for non-Dutch applicants|
|Deadline||1st February (Yearly)|
- Name of Organisation Field Value