ZEF doctoral studies program aims at young scientists from all over the world with an exceptional master’s or equivalent degree. Bonn International Graduate Studies for Development Research (BIGS-DR) is a doctoral program which is part of the Center for Development (ZEF).
- Social Sciences
- Political Science
- Economics, Development Economics
- Agricultural and Resource Economics
- Biology, Ecology, Forestry
- Earth Sciences
Duration: 3 years
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Applicant must have an outstanding master or equivalent degree
- Applicant must have scored GPA higher than 3.0 in the American system, or a grade higher than 2.0 in the German system or equivalent.
- Applicant having work experience in national or international research institutions, governments, or the private sector will be preferred.
- Applicant must show interest in interdisciplinary research.
- The doctoral program is conducted in English, therefore English language skills are required: IELTS (band 6) certificate or TOEFL (minimum score: 550 paper based, 213 computer-based, 80 internet-based).
- Students can attend a two-month German language course prior to the study program
- There is no age limit for applying to the doctoral program at ZEF. But, applicant’s last academic degree must be obtained less than 6 years prior to application.
- Application must contain a Graduate Research Statement (describe a development problem; main research questions; proposed methods; literature references). The statement must be of maximum 4 pages. –
- To be eligible to receiving a DAAD scholarship applicant must have at least 2 years of relevant professional experience.
How to apply:
- Register online
- Application for admission
- Applications can be submitted at any time, particularly if the applicant already has a scholarship or if applicant wishes to apply for a scholarship not provided by DAAD.
- DAAD and other funders have their own deadlines
- ZEF’s Doctoral Studies Program starts on October 1, annually.
|Organization||University of Bonn|
|Subject areas||Biology, Economics, Mathematics, Social Sciences|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||31 August (yearly)|