Postdoc in Sciences, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM), Humanities, and the Social Sciences in Israel by the Council for Higher Education & The Israel Academy of Sciences and Humanities
Fellowships will be allocated in Sciences, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM), Humanities, and the Social Sciences.
- Open to international candidates who have received a Ph.D. from a recognized higher education institution outside of Israel less than four years from the time of application (not including parental or medical leave), or who will receive a Ph.D. from a recognized higher education institution outside of Israel prior to the commencement of the fellowship.
- Israeli citizens or residents are not eligible.
- Candidates who will be commencing a postdoctoral position in Israel before January 1, 2022 may not apply.
- Candidates are required to have been accepted to a post-doctoral position under the supervision of a faculty member at one of the following Israeli universities: Ariel University, Bar-Ilan University, Ben-Gurion University, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Open University of Israel, Technion-Israel Institute of Technology, Tel Aviv University, University of Haifa, Weizmann Institute of Science.
Candidates should apply directly to the Israel Academy of Sciences and Humanities. The following materials should be submitted in English in one PDF file per candidate, in the following order, except for the recommendation letters (see item 7 below).
- Application form.
- Application letter: max. 2 pages, font Arial size 12, line spacing 1.5. 2. Letter of recommendation from the host supervisor: max. 2 pages on formal letterhead.
- Commitment letter signed by the rector of the host university on formal letterhead indicating that the university will cover the required financial contribution to the fellowship. In addition, the university must commit to providing the fellow with the necessary research equipment, facilities, and support to conduct the proposed research project.
- CV and list of publications (list only), including journal rankings and impact factors.
- Short description of research, including preliminary results if such exist (2 pages).
- Candidates who have not yet finished their Ph.D. are required to submit a confirmation from the relevant authority where the doctorate is being carried out that the candidate will fulfill all of his/her academic obligations (including thesis defense) prior to the commencement of the fellowship, and is expected to receive his/her doctoral degree no later than the end of the first year of the fellowship.
Deadline: All materials should be submitted in one PDF file by October 1, 2021 to Mrs. Batsheva Shor, the Israel Academy of Sciences and Humanities, at the following address: ForeignPostdoc@academy.ac.il with the Subject: “Application Material for Dr. _________________”.
- Two letters of recommendation, up to 2 pages each, should be sent by their authors, printed on official stationery, directly to the Academy at: ForeignPostdoc@academy.ac.il with the Subject: “Recommendation Letter for Dr. _____________” by October 1, 2021.
For further information, please contact Batsheva Shor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Organization||Council for Higher Education & The Israel Academy of Sciences and Humanities|
|Subject areas||Sciences, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM), the Humanities and the Social Sciences|
|Eligibility||Open to international candidates, Ph.D. Degree|
|Deadline||October 1, 2021|