The Department of Bioproducts and Biosystems at the Aalto University, School of Chemical Engineering is presently looking for a postdoctoral researcher in the area of Lignin Chemistry.
About the position:
- The selected candidate will mainly be working in fundamental and practical aspects of Lignin Chemistry and Technology in close cooperation with engineering, application and artificial intelligence experts.
- The main goal of the team is lignin engineering for different applications. This will be performed through deep understanding correlations between process conditions, lignin structures and properties and their application performance.
- The position is at least for one year with a possible extension to several years and is available immediately.
- The preferred starting date is 1st September (2020) or can be negotiated.
- The postdoctoral position is open in the Lignin Chemistry research group headed by Prof. Mikhail Balakshin.
- Applicant must possess recent PhD in Chemistry or related fields; knowledge and expertise in Biomass and Lignin chemistry and Technology is an important asset.
- Applicant must have good fundamental and lab expertise in Organic Chemistry and modern analytical methods.
- Applicant must possess excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Experience in carrying out independent research and working in a team environment cooperating with colleagues with different backgrounds.
- Experience in writing high level scientific publications.
Apply online and share the following application materials with us (preferrably in one file):
- Cover letter
- List of publications
- Names and contact details of references.
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|